Sunday, April 6, 2008

Identity Theft.


Identity Theft.
Originally uploaded by sarah ...

Her name is Gyp, not Stacey.

A friend of mine came across this profile on Dogster (facebook for dogs), she clicked on it, thinking, "that dog looks like Gyp", so as she scrolled down the page, she realized it didn't look like Gyp, it was Gyp, well atleast all of the photos were of Gyp, and Kaleb and even one of Wicca.

I almost fell off my chair when I saw this, my friend and I both emailed dogster and the page is now down. It is rather humorous.

How do I prevent this from happening again, are there more security features I can use. I really don't mind everyone seeing my photos, I've even seem some on a site that has a breed explanation, and that is fine, it is not being used to make $$ or steal my dogs identity.

I realize Gyp is a rather cute dog :), but please who ever you are taking her photos, please stop.

*** Click on the photo to see it full size in FLICKR, and the other images too

3 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

How freakin retarted. I don't get people at all. I am glad that dogster took the page down right away. Do they know who it was or is there even a way to figure it out? Stupid people.

Urban Smoothie Read said...

that's awful...i hope this nonsence will not happen again..

Cait said...

Just found your blog through another blog. I *think* I may have seen a photo of Jane on one of Miss Ginger (Lisa Baker - notorious fake who steals various dog photos)'s sites, I'll come back and post another comment if I can find it (I have most of them screencapped, as she's a personal thorn in my side due to rare breed title issues.)