you just might find you get what you need.
(oh that Mick Jagger is a smart guy)
To say our home as been empty for the last year is an understatement. As the saying goes "Life is merrier, with a Jack Russell Terrier". I was hoping for a Border Collie and after 2.5 litters didn't take (yes there is a half, because I was only half committed) the Universe was telling me something, so I listened. Don't fuck with what the universe says. I had "liked" his photo on Facebook when he was born - not thinking in a million years, he would actually be ours. Like I said ... the universe works in strange ways. A great friend of mine who is my go to for some big life decisions and reality checks asked me what I REALLY wanted in a dog, what was my CRITERIA. What was it that I TRULY wanted in my next dog. And by me I mean WE. Pete is part of the equation too.
Here is my list:
• Outgoing Temperament and a spunky dog who loves people and loves to play with me.
• Structurally sound to put up with the demands of dog sports
• A dog I can excel with in Agility - being my #1 sport above all others
• A dog from working lines - and what I mean by that, is a pup from lineage where they are required to use their brains, and their doG given talents and instincts. Proven in whatever field it is they were bred for. I can use those instincts to form training a way that will work for the dog. doG willing :)
• A jogging, running partner that has great endurance and can handle all weather conditions
• A dog that will like to swim - or can be taught to learn to love it!
• A dog that can be trained to hunt with Pete, and go fishing with him
• A bed warmer
I would like to introduce you too ...
AKA Phife Dog
AKA Fitzgerlad Bojangles III (his formal given name when he is wearing a bowtie)
And I have have to give the credit of naming him to Pete. As soon as he spurted it out. I knew it was it. My long list of dog names is being saved for another time.
|Seriously. Could he be cuter?? And Already at 7 weeks sporting his first Nearly Naked Neckwear collar. I outfitted the litter in matching Collars and Leashes. Only the best you know for these classy pups.|
|Handsome lad. He should be around 13 - 14". This is him at 7 weeks.|
|Did I mention he was cute?|
|He looks like a little old man. I love the wise look in his eyes. He is a great outgoing pup.|
|His first time outside. I'm glad the snow is melted here, or we might lose him in the field.|
|When you are this cute, they call you Mister .... Red Trail Mr. Fitz.|
Here are his parents Ursa and Ike and his Grandpa's ... can you see the resemblance to his family ...
|Mom - Sow's Ear Ursa|
|Dad - Sandbur's Icon (Ike)|
|Grandpa - Sow's Ear Julien|
|Grandpa - Sow's Ear Spago|