Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sheep day! New Camera Day!

We had a herding lesson today, and Amanda took these photos of Gyppie (with my 'old' camera). Thanks Amanda :)


Gyppie is getting more confident and it is a cool to be able to direct her to which side I ask now. I learned more about my position in relation to Gyp and how I can help let her know she is correct - by getting farther away from her when she gets on the right track. We are learning together, though she is learning quicker than me I am pretty sure.

Figure 1. Away to me, good girl.

Figure 2.  Sometimes she does things her own way, hmm what's up here?

We are still working getting her lie down reliable - but alteast she isn't getting super pouty about it now. I just have to remember to say "Lie Down" and not use her name before "Gyp, Lie Down", when I use her name she should come back to me - and she tried too (but I want her to stay out where she is) - so Scott gave me reminders a few times - and I FINALLY was catching my self, and my the end "I" was doing better, hopefully I can remember that for next time. I think I need to write notes on my hand when I go out next time.

I got to try out my NEW Puppy AKA Camera when Amanda had her turn. So all the herding photos on Amanda's blog are with my new Camera, and so far so good, it will take some getting used too, but I suspect I will get lots of photos taken this weekend. 

Want to see the very first photo I took with my new Camera?? 


This is my favourite photo of the day, it's Pixel, taken with my OLD Camera by the way.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Looks like Gyp had a great day. I think she likes herding every bit as well as Agility. Nice pics with the Sweetgrass Hills in the background

manymuddypaws said...

gyppie did great today- she is looking very border collie like...not so much like a sheltie :o)

Sarah said...

Thanks Judy, she enjoys the herding, but I think Agility is where her real talent lies :) she won't quit her day job yet

HAHA Amanda, ya her tail is where it should be now - not over her back ....

Kim said...

It looks like Gyp is having a blast out there!