"Decide that you want it
more than you are afraid of it."
~ Bill Cosby
I am putting K in the ring for the first time for Open Obedience this weekend, not a big deal to some people I am sure, but for me, it is NOT the place I am most comfortable, but who wants to go through life and never challenge yourself? He is also debuting in Advanced Rally.
We've been training hard and hopefully if I can keep my nerves in check we will do OK. Kaleb is so sensitive to my emotions, more than any of my other dogs, so as long as I can stay calm, confident and not panic we should be OK, otherwise he will get anxious and panic too - which is not pretty.
I have a little list of tips and reminders that I will try to remember...
1. Have fun
3. Be a tree (i tend to move my body too much)
4. Be confident for Kaleb
5. It's just another training day
6. Don't move until the Judge tells you too
8. Line my self up in the middle of the high jump, not kaleb
9. Connect with him during the transitions
10. Bring my dumbell
11. Don't pet him in the long sits and downs (i did that in his CD and lost 2 points!)
... any other helpful hints would be appreciated, I can use all the help I can get!
... and Just because she is cute ... it's Gyppie :)