Friday, June 5, 2009

Agility Regionals & FCR National Specialty

One more week until the AB/NWT Regionals! It has been a monster of an event to plan for everyone, but I am so excited that we have such an amazing group of people from our group and volunteers pulling together to put on the 3 Ring Circus, I mean BIG SHOW! We have some serious Type 'A' people in our group, so no stone will be unturned! 

We are now in the every-last-detail phase, it seems everyone if thinking of everything, when will it end! I have had more than a few sleepless nights. Our handler bags are great, I can't wait to get my hands on one, there is alot of cool stuff in those bags, and the bags themselves are sweeeeet!! We have a great concession, fancy fencing for the rings, amazing prizes for Volunteers, a great Banquet event planned (with GREAT food), a great venue, really nice porta-potties, beautiful flowers to decorate the rings with, press release sent, great vendors and sponsors, and the list goes on and on and on ..... we hope everyone has a GREAT time!

I am still a bit nervous about running all the dogs and coping with the running of the event, but like I said we have an Army of people, so all is well! Here's hoping for a great event, and would it be too much to ask for great weather too?

Following the Regionals ... I need to keep my dog bag packed, and pack my own suitcase! We hit the road Tuesday morning for Vancouver Island. We are attending the Flat-coated Retriever Society of Canada National Specialty AND visiting my Grandparents, which I am really excited about, they love the dogs. K-man will be doing, Agility, Rally and showing as a Veteran in conformation, as well he will be showing in Sweeps and the Working Dog class. Gyp gets to come tag along and look cute.

Me, my mom, my bro, Kaleb and Gyppie are packing up and heading out in my moms car which should be an adventure in itself! She doesn't drive standard, and I do not want to drive 14 hours one way my self, thank you very much! So we are packing up the Matrix, I am sure it will be packed to the roof!! NOTE TO SELF: Bring lots of Windex to clean the nose prints off the windows.

Let the fun begin!

2 comments:

gussysmom said...

I hope Jane has a lot of fishing planned with Dad while you're away!

Sarah said...

oh don't worry, they do :)

they may even go camping together!!