Monday, December 6, 2010

Kaleb, just got more Excellent ...

CDX! that is!

Yep we did it. Conquered the ring nerves, trusted my dog and did it. It's funny seemed like such an unattainable goal - considering the first time I ever put him in the ring for his CD he took off out the ring and ran around the show grounds like a total assh*le (not that I was traumatized for 6 years or anything).

He entered the ring for the first time in Open in May , then got sick, and made his re-debut last month ... and BOOM, BOOM, BOOM for his CDX in a month - in 5 attempts. I'm so proud of him. Given the amount of training we have put in, and our knowledge and comfort in the Obedience ring, it is a pretty big deal for me. We didn't earn the big scores he has earned at Matches, but that is OK, he tried his best for me, and dealt with feeling my ring nerves like a good boy.


I am also proud of Amanda and Pixel, and Jo and Kort for earning their CDs yesterday too! Those two youngens will have no problem in the Open ring ... big futures ahead for those two!
Kim and Bosley also debuted in Open ... and wow ... he looked like a pro and Kim kept her nerves under control, and looked like she had done it a 100 times before! Thanks to my great group of friends for all the encouragement along the way, it means alot.


Kaleb and Bosley share some of K's goodies

And to top off the day Kaleb won a prize for the "Oldest Qualifying Dog" ... sort of like a seniors discount ... I guess it's true what they say, you can teach an old dog new tricks :)


Then there was an armband draw ... and we won it - $75 GC ... that paid for our entries and gas up there ... not a bad way to spend a day.

6 comments:

onecollie said...

gee for a second there I thought you were calling me a youngin!!, LOL!
Kaleb was awesome, together you were awesomer.....
can hardly wait to see you in the utility ring ;)...better hurry or you'll be in there with Bosley, Pixel & Kort!
Congrats again Sarah, great job!

Diana said...

Congrats!!! Diana

Dianne SS said...

Congratulations Sarah and Kaleb!! Nice prizes!

manymuddypaws said...

kaleb is excellent. he still amazes me that he can go from total dork to obedience star. :)

Kim said...

Kaleb, you are such a good boy and make your mama, as well as the rest of us, very proud. Sarah, I am glad you tackled those obedience nerves and got back in the ring.
Congrats !!!!

Judy said...

Congrats team Sarah/ Kaleb on being EXCELLENT! Kaleb already was excellent but its nice to have a certificate that says it officially....so now I guess its on to utility.....or is it futility? Whichever it is I am sure you and Kaleb will have fun practicing for it!