Monday, April 16, 2012

Random Happy Things.



It was my Grammas 80th Birthday this past weekend, my aunt threw her a surpise party with about 40 people - she lives about 4 hours away. She has congestive heart failure (her and Jane were kindred spirits :) :) ... her health is fading, but her spirit is FIESTY, I was so happy to spend that day with her. She's such a cool woman - her life story is quite inspiring. The guy behind me is my cousin that I had never met until this weekend ... long story. The guy beside me is the infamous Pete.

Here is a photo of my mom and I that I had never seen ... my Aunt (my dads sister) has a few albums of photos I've never seen of myself and my mom (and dad).

Most of the photos in the Album are of me with dogs ... here is Sheba and I - my best buddy (I have no Idea why Im dressed like Dorothy from Wizard of Oz - weird)


Sunday Gyp and I entered three runs in the Flashing Canines trial. It was a fun quick day. 3 runs before 1pm - my kind of Agility. The barn was cold and the surface was deep and loose (a wee bit hard to run in - for the humans and the dogs - thankfully Gyp adjusted, the bars stayed up and she adjusted her striding) ... oh the things we do for the sport ... Gyp ran great, and it took me a run to get the rust off. She ran a great Snooker and a Smokin' Jumpers pulling off a Q and the Fastest time in the event. Good job little Gypper! You make me smile ...

you are my sunshine :: 15/52

I'm really trying to hard to feel normal - lots of exciting things happening in my life which is great and helping me feel normal and helping me look ahead, I'm busy with work, planning Agility Camp, planning lessons ... but man, sometimes I swear I am still out of my body. My tears are getting to be less and less, but I just feel like something is missing ... will that ever go away? Sometimes my sadness overshadows things I should be happy about ... I don't even realize it until after that fact. sigh ...

And lastly ... funny how a nice gesture can make all the difference ... Today I got a nice call from our Vet - he called just checking in to see how we are doing lately, had some small talk, asked about Gyp, checking in on Kaleb (who by the way is doing great - he is nuts truthfully) - asking if we need anything. I think they miss us at the Clinic seeing as we were there once a week for 18 months. It was really nice to know they truly care ... I thought that was above and beyond.

Here's hoping for another HAPPY week ...

1 comment:

Nicki said...

It doesn't really go away. But it gets a lot better. I only cry now if I really think about it.