Monday, September 8, 2008

happy and MAD.

We had a great weekend in Kimberley, B.C.! Our whole "WEST L.A." group did great, Dave penned us West L.A. as we took up the whole west side of the ring with our cars, tents and Jan and Dave's fifth wheel! Our whole group did awesome, some great runs!! 

The weather was great, CRISP mornings and nice days! 
Nothing wakes you up like sitting on a cold portaporty seat at 7am.

This photo is Gyp, 2 years ago in Kimberley - her first Road Trip, when I had just had her a week (she was still being fostered then :) ), we spent the trip trying to figure out new names for her, but she ended up being Gyp - the name she came with, I guess it just fits. Her belly was shaved because she had been spayed, that is why she was called Gyppie-long-legs.



Last year Gyppie ran this trial as her first full trial, she was scared of the 'Go' button and wouldn't sit on the start line because of it, I couldn't get her in the ring near the where the "sound came from", she ran well but not with the confidence she has now

THIS YEAR
Gyp finished two titles with 1sts, her "Masters Agility Dog" and her "Masters Gamblers" Title! I still can't believe it really.

She also 1st and Q'd in: Team with Wicca - one of two teams to qualify (the other being Kaleb and Friday!!), and Masters Jumpers.


Kaleb ran great too!!!
He brought home 4 Qs in 6 runs:
Masters Standard, Masters Team, Masters Gamblers and Masters Jumpers!!!

I love this photo Amanda took of Gyp, mostly I love the look on people's faces as well as Gyp's. It makes me smile :)

8 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

Gyppies is AMAZING. She is a very, very special dog. You are very lucky :o) And so is she!

Kaleb's jumpers run was faster than I have ever seen before...he was pretty pumped that's for sure!

Kim said...

It sounds like both dogs had a great weekend - I wish I could have been there.

Gyppie - you have sure come a far way in one short year - already earning your MAD title. What a good girl you are.

Go Dog Go said...

Kim, you HAVE to HAVE to go next year, Bos can run too!!!!!

Maggie would LOVE the weather!

onecollie said...

Congrats!!!!! sounds like a great time!

Urban Smoothie Read said...

congratulation to gyp for being M.A.D.!!

Marcy said...

CONGRATS!!!!!

sakemartyr said...

I fell upon your photo album of Jane somehow & LOVE your pictures. I noticed she wears a muzzle sometimes...does that work? I'd looking for a way to get my very protective Bailey more social. lol. Anyways, love the site & hope to keep in touch with you in the future. =)

Sarah said...

yes she does wear a muzzle sometimes when out with dogs she doesn't know on a run, or dogs she could get into trouble with - who might also be over reactive. it just makes it easier to not have to get on her all the time, and that way i can take my eyes of her and not have to worry, and it generally keeps her calmer and she doesn't mind wearing it!

glad you like my photos :)