Wednesday, September 3, 2008

YOU KNOW YOU ARE A DOG PERSON WHEN.....

How many of these do you answer YES too??

I'm not telling how many YES's I have ...

.... let's just say, though I didn't write this, I might as well have ....

I'm sure YOU ALL CAN RELATE, and I'm glad I'm not alone :)

You have a kiddie wading pool in the yard, but no small children.
(Yes, I have a flat-coat, though Jane likes it best - seriously)

Lintwheels are on your shopping list every week.
( I actually use DUCT tape, it is cheaper and works better :) )

You have baby gates permanently installed at strategic places around the house, but no babies.
(Nope, you got me, this one I don't do!)

The trash can is more or less permanently installed in the kitchen sink, to keep the dog out of it while you're at work.
( Again DUCT tape to keep the cupboards shut while I'm gone, did I mention Kaleb is 6, keeping the garbage in the sink would NOT stop him, he can pull stuff out of the sink!!)

You can't see out the passenger side of the windshield because there are nose-prints all over the inside.
(This used to be the case, my Rav4 had so much I had to replace the tint!!!!)

Poop has become a source of conversation for you and your significant other.
(Hey, it's exciting when K has a good one)

Your dog sleeps with you.
(Ya, so what)

You have 32 different names for your dog. Most make no sense, but the dog understands them all.
( I can think of far more, and YES they answer to all of them!)

You like people who like your dog. You despise people who don't.
(no comment)

You carry dog biscuits in your purse or pocket at all times.
(And a poop bag or two - one in each size)

You talk about your dog the way other people talk about their kid.
(They are my kids aren't they?)

You put an extra blanket on the bed so your dog is more comfortable.
(YES, and one for each of them on the floor too)

4 comments:

onecollie said...

ok, I have 8!!!
my favourite is the poop conversation with the spouse....I drive my husband crazy with my daily poop reports!!!
He doesn't care to hear about poop, but I still do it!!!

Urban Smoothie Read said...

all yes, except that i don't have a wading pool, becoz my dog hates getting wet.

n my mum alwiz complaint about cookies crumbs when she's doing my laundry

GeeRome said...

Umm ... so are you implying something is wrong with those things? *blush*

Oh dear ... so many sound familiar!

hahaha

Jules said...

haha! I can relate to far too many of these. Is it sad when poop is a fascinating conversation among loved ones and friends?