Monday, September 22, 2008

Success comes in all shapes and sizes.

We had a great weekend in Medicine Hat, where do I start...
First off, I was pretty proud we fit 5 dogs, and 3 people in the Element! OH YA! SUCCESS!
We fit 3 people and 5 dogs in a 2 bed motel room (sorry for hogging the bed Amanda, it was K's fault really) SUCCESS!

Classic Gyp shot. - by Amanda

Let's start at the beginning ....
Three Standards and Jumpers on Saturday.

sorry for the interruption, but, Gyp has a cute bum. -photo by Amanda

Gyp ran great standards with just a bobble hear and there and a pop out in the weaves (a new thing, but we will go back to some proofing).

Her Jumpers run was GREAT. She ran it in just over 25 seconds, and had the fastest time in Masters and Q! It w as TOUGH technical course and I was proud to have ran it clean.

K-man had a great day too: he earned his 25th Masters Standard Q!!! SUCCESS! And he Qd in his Jumpers class too!! At the end of Saturday he now has all the Standards for his Silver Award.
Just another classic K photo ... by Amanda

Then Sunday came ....
Gamblers, Team, Steeplechase and Snooker....
Kaleb Q'd 3 for 3 (I didn't put him in Steeplechase), he ran great all day and I was so happy he Q'd in mostly games and gave his all. He now only needs 8 more games for his Silver Award!! SUCCESS!  He felt spunky all weekend and didn't even knock a bar!! What a good boy.

Gyp Q'd 4 for 4 on Sunday.
Her gamble opening wasn't stellar but we pulled off enough points and got the main gamble.

Her Team was a nail biter, and she incurred 5 faults - but it was still a Q (time+faults in Team), that was her Masters Team Title. I was sad we couldn't have gotten it with Wicca and Amanda - as Wicca came up lame that day, but we got it with the next best partners you could have  - Lynda and Cavall (who is normally partnered with K and me - the BOYZ ya know - and helped him to his ATCHC). 

Her Steeplechase felt soooo good, we just went for it. That is when we run best together. Gyp placed 1st and Qd with the fastest time of all the dogs entered. I'll post the video, I promise :)

now Snooker ...
I tried not be nervous, it was just another run, and we again, just went for it.
She ran great and as we were finishing #6, I knew she had it, and I knew she had earned her Snooker Title and .... her ATCHC. What a feeling that was, I am still smiling :)

Not really sure how it happened... but in one year of trialing, Gyp got her SATCHC - Agility Trial Champion of Canada. And I was glad she finished her titles with Darcy, he had great courses and is a great judge and competitor. She got her ATCHC so fast I still am trying to absorb it all, it honestly is weird.

Gyp has a big honest heart, and a cute pointy nose, and every time she is put on the start line I know that she will give it her all, and I have to do my part, she makes me look like a better handler than I probably am :). She has made me a better handler, trainer and person overall. I run Jane and Kaleb better because of her. She has taught me to go for it. 

Her success in such a short period of time is mind boggling to me. As a reward yesterday, she got to play with her buddie Tag in the field after Snooker, and we got home she (and all of the others too) got some yummy steak that Pete had just cooked up - don't tell Jane, but Gyppie got the most :)

A Nationals placement, and an ATCHC in one year really? Pete says "I guess she can retire now right?" sorry, I don't think so :)

The club did such a nice presentation for Gyppie, she was curious of the ribbon.
Do you like my snoopy socks they are my new lucky socks :)

Then... Gyp was freaked out at the ribbon, and tried to run away, it was bigger than her head.

So I tried to pick her up ... then she melted, and still tried to avoid the ribbon. oh Gyppie.

THANKS to:
- Pete for letting me foster Gyp for the weekend :)
- Amanda - for finding Gyp and asking me to take photos of her for rescue (you knew, didn't you,) and being bossy. And being the other half of a KICK ASS team partner!
- All of our training friends and dogs for helping make Gyp the sassy little sweetie she is.

6 comments:

GeeRome said...

Huge congrats to you and Gyp! You are amazing!

Urban Smoothie Read said...

LoL... gyp is so funny there...

congratulations

onecollie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
what an awesome accomplishment!

Jules said...

Congratulations! I cannot imagine all the wonderful emotions you are feeling!

Kim said...

Gyppie!!! :) :) :) What more can I say - you are such an amazing doggie. We were all holding our breath as you ran your snooker run for you ATCH. I was glad that I was there to see it.

And 25 Master Standards for Kaleb! Wow! Impressive.

Marcy said...

CONGRATS!!!
That is fantastic!!