Monday, November 17, 2008

Superdogs ...

So today my friend Liz and I went up to Calgary to train at Superdogs Spectrum. Liz is entered in the CKC Obedience Trial there this weekend and wanted to get Lupine and Pipit used to the place. I said I'd go along to be the "judge" and distraction and make it a more realistic situation for them.

Her girls did "super", Lupine already has her CDX and Pipit is making her debut. Afterwards, I even ran Lupine over some agility equipment and she didn't miss a beat, and she hasn't seen equipment in 2 years!

I took G & K for the day too, Jane stayed at home with "gramma" and they went for 2 car rides, and word on the street is Jane got a McDonald french fry or two ... Jane had a "super" day!!! Can you say S-P-O-I-L-E-D!!!

Gyp was absolutely "super" during her training. Her heeling was "super", and I think we have finally mastered our pivots and left turns! We did some dumbbell retrieves, the broad jump - which she is doing good at, and we worked on stays. Nothing phases her, dogs being walked through the daycare, people waling in and out etc.  For our Agility training, we worked on our re-directing off obstacles - which is our struggle, and she did great, no melting, and I kept my cool. What a "superdog" ...

Now on to you-know-who. 

Scene set up: I thought I would put K through a CDX (Open) run through too, he hasn't done a broad jump in like 6 months and we didn't warm up on our drop on recall. I wanted to see what I would get.

So I get K set up (off leash) for the "judge" Liz ...
DING DONG - the doorbell rang - which means a person was coming in the building.
So my "not-so-Superdog" catapulted him self at the GLASS door, opening it, to greet the nice lady who was coming in the building ...  no comment ... NOT-Super.

After this little distraction - we started back to our Obedience routine, he was great, great retrieve, great broad jump, pretty good drop on recall, and pretty decent heeling to boot ... SUPER!!!

Good thing ringing doorbells are a part of a CDX routine. We would fail, miserably.

oh Kaleb.  "To be, or not to be (super), that is the question ....."






No comments: