Friday, October 8, 2010

Thankful


, originally uploaded by sarah ....

Last weekend Gyp passed her test as a St. John Therapy Dog. She has load of Agility Titles, but this is probably our most practical accomplishment. She has a special way about her, her calm sweet nature draws people in - she can even get people that are scared of dogs to pet her and open up, it's quite an amazing thing to see. I figure she has been great Therapy for me, she would be great at sharing that with others.

It's thanksgiving here in Canada this weekend, and I have lots to be thankful for. It's been a rough year health wise, for me (my damn torn acl and meniscus) and the dogs (Kaleb - Torsion, Jane CHF). I have an amazing support system who happily steps up to help when needed.

I am looking forward to spending the weekend with the whole family, resting, relaxing and enjoying each moment. Bring on the TOFURKEY!

p.s. Jane is doing well, the 4th med we added - another diuretic, really seems to be what she needs to balance everything. It's been a week of normal-for-her breathing and she is happy and calm ... and needs to Pee every 3-4 hours, its like having a puppy!

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Happy Tofurkey day to you too:) Glad that Jane is doing well. It's been a very rough year for you, so I hope that things just stay good for a while now:)

Nicki said...

Therapy work is really rewarding-have fun and congrats. Glad Jane is feeling better!