Monday, October 20, 2008

An eventful weekend ...

We had a great time at Training Troop this weekend!
UPS, DOWNS, BAD GAS and SOME GREAT RUNS!
Jane was entered in 5 runs and she Qd in all of her 3 Masters Standard runs. She got freaked out by something in Steeplechase at about the 6th obstacle she just stopped and looked at me (her warm up was fine) and I didn't know at the time if it was physical so we left the ring, and it took a while to get her back to normal, she seemed fine physically from what I could tell. I was really worried about her and friend came and gave her a once over checked her gums and gut (she said she had to poop :) ) but other that that she was OK. I was going to pull her from her last run, it was a Standard, I couldn't even get he in the ring area. So Amanda and I did some motivational recalls over jumps and she bounced back and was happy, so I sat her on the start line (withthe intention of leaving after a couple of obstacles) - and THEN she broke her start line!!!! (a good sign!!!) she ended on a good note and ran her last Standard, clean and in her normal jane style!!! So I was glad whatever bothered her she was able to overcome. UGHHH!

My next thought after Jane's Steeplechase run ....
> I MUST CONTROL MY NERVES AND GET MY HEAD IN THE RIGHT PLACE FOR MY NEXT RUN WITH ANOTHER DOG!!!! <
I was rather shaken by the whole Steeplechase ordeal and I had to run Gyp in about 20 minutes. I have gotten better at letting go of the past runs, but I was worried she was really sick or hurt. So my way of dealing with getting a clean slate to run the next dog after a bad run, is to put my headphones on, find a fun upbeat song, sing along, and visualize my run with the next dog a few times. It paid off, as Gyp had a stellar Steeplechase run with 1st place and she had one of the fastest times.

Kaleb started off his weekend with a Treatment and Adjustment from Susan, who has been working on him for the past year, and he was raring to go after his pelvis was re-aligned and he got the excess gas out he felt he needed to while Susan was adjusting his tail bones, a first for her (sorry Susan) ..... K was entered in 6 runs and brought home 4Qs. He Qd in Masters Standard x 2 and got another Team Q with our SUPER TEAM partners - Lynda and Cavall and a Snooker Q, he was spunky all weekend and handled well too!! 

Gyppie had fun too! She also got treated and adjusted by Susan, who found the same lesions (tightness) on Gyps back as Andrea who worked on her at Nationals, but worked them out and Gyppie was good to go! Gyp didn't lose confidence all weekend - even when I had a couple BAD BAD handling moments UGHHH! Gyp just went with it. She brought home 3Qs and firsts places: Masters Standard, Steeplechase and Jumpers. She had some other great runs and I was able to challenge and test our skills and I was thrilled about that! Screwed up runs are great opportunities for training, I felt better about our one "BAD" Standard because I was able to reinforce Gyp by petting her, and we got a lot out of it. I raced her past the end of the contact and she stayed in place, something she blew in her first run. so again she got lots of praise and pets. We have lots to work on!!!! Like keeping my damn arm down when i'm using a verbal for instance ...

No comments: