Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pet Peeves


I hate Dog  Tags. I hate hearing them - like last night a the Teambuilding class, a little dog had like 15 of them on her collar. It was all Amanda and I could do not to run over and take them off of her! Next week she has been advised to wear a special Agility Class collar (ie. no tags).

I also hate seeing Dog Tags in my photos. They are so distracting and I don't want people to zoom in and see my info either. But I am not comfortable taking them off on walks for the sake of photos, so I remove them afterwards in photoshop. Just a little OCD behaviour I know, but it is all in the details you know.

WITH the Dog Tag, it is so distracting and takes the focal point away :)
You can hardly see saliva in Kaleb's mouth. (wink)

Without the Tag. Now can see you the saliva? Isn't that better :)

I also have an unhealthy obsession with getting rid of Eye Boogers, in real life and I have to take them out of photos, they have no place in society what so ever. eeeewwwww. If you've seen the size of Kaleb's Eye Boogers you'd understand!


15 comments:

onecollie said...

oh my god !! I also hate to see the eye boogers in dogs eyes, & I always remove collars on my dogs if at all possible for photos!!!!
Does this mean I have OCD too??!!

Sarah said...

i think it does Jo. I think it does. LOL

isn't Quirky the word we should use :)

BCxFour said...

uh oh...I have dog tags in tons of my photos - egads I never thought of zooming in to see information. 'Doh...me so stupid.

Sarah said...

I think I am just paranoid about it - esp. on the closeup photos. it is just creepy to think people would know where i live and what my ph# is! what if they came to my house and stole Kaleb haha

Unknown said...

I don't like tags that hang down on my dogs so I went to Boomerang Tags (not affiliated just love their product) and bought the tags that slip onto my collars. Never had one fall off and I can switch the collars around.

We are a eye booger free home, if I can help it.

Blessings~ Angela and the aussie flock

Lauren said...

The eye boogers that Simon gets are ridiculous. I only hope someday that I'll know enough to digitally remove them!

Loretta Mueller said...

I use Boomerang tags also....love them!

Eye goobers...totally understand.

OCD I am :)

Anonymous said...

that is so funny. you are so predictable!

eye boogers are gross. Vito is bad for that..and my dogs don't usually have tags on! Althought I am trying to be better about it!

And if someone called me from blogger land after seeing my number on a photo I'd give them an ear ful...same goes for "stalkers" I'd kick their ass! :o)

Anonymous said...

oh- guess I should sign it...

amanda

Paws on the Run said...

I actually kind of like collars and tags in my photos. I like my girls' tags! I already knew I wasn't very OCD... :)

Sarah said...

I like COLLARS in photos, just not the tags, mine are just boring silver ones, if I had fancy ones maybe it would look better! I usually leave Jane's in her photos, as her is little and heart shaped :)

Kim said...

My dogs are too furry to notice their collars or their tags. Too bad, since I have spent lots of money to buy them nice collars, that no one can even see.

ramin said...

We're a dog collar (and thus tag) free zone...

Basically, most of our walks with the dogs are off-leash and the leashes we have along (just in case) are retriever leads that don't have a collar to them. For the collars we do have, we still haven't gotten any tags.

But I can understand your obsession in removing the tags - especially to get rid of the private data.

Diana said...

I use the boomerang tags too. They are great. They are flat and never fall off, even when my dog was lost at the beach for 2 days. Diana

Nicki said...

my husband also hates the jingle. Our dogs only wear one tag so they don't jingle. Mostly their long hair covers them up in photos, or else I just don't notice!